It’s well-known that Disney Parks churro bites are cause for culinary celebration and with the parks closed, unfortunately eating them onsite alongside castles and our favorite rides isn’t currently possible. But, not to worry because Disney has released the secret ingredients and broke down the steps to make the famous recipe on its Disney Parks blog. We plan to indulge in these delicious bites as we take a virtual trip to the best rides in the park.
- 1 cup water
- 8 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups vegetable or canola oil
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon (divided)
- Combine water, butter, salt, and 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon in 1 1/2-quart saucepan over medium heat. Bring pot to rolling boil.
- Reduce heat to low.
- Add flour and stir vigorously until mix forms a ball. Remove from heat and let rest for 5 to 7 minutes.
- Add eggs, one at a time, and stir until combined. Set aside.
- Heat oil in medium skillet or one-quart saucepan over medium-high heat or until temperature reaches 350 F.
- Spoon dough into piping bag fitted with large star tip. Pipe one-inch strip of dough over saucepan, cut with knife, and drop into hot oil. Repeat until churro bites fill saucepan with room to fry.
- Fry churro bites until golden brown. Remove with slotted spoon or mesh spider strainer.
- Drain churro bites on paper towel.
- Mix sugar and 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon in medium bowl. Toss in churro bites until coated. Place on serving plate and serve with favorite dipping sauce.