If you think you could only dream of Butterbeer in the Harry Potter books, take a trip to Orlando’s Universal Studios where they just served their five millionthglass.
The recipe for the alcohol-free drink is a secret, but the taste is close to a shortbread and butterscotch and is served cold or frozen.
Since the Wizarding World of Harry Potter opened, a total of four serving Butterbeer locations are now open around the park to help accommodate the demand of the park experience that everyone should try. If you can’t make it to Universal to try their secret blend, here’s a recipe so you can enjoy a similiar version at home.
What You’ll Need:
- 1/2 quart vanilla ice cream
- 2 to 3 tbsp. butterscotch syrup or topping
- 12 ounces cream soda
- 1/4 cup ice (or more if you like!)
- First, put the ice cream, ice, butterscotch and cream soda in the blender.
- Mix until it’s all combined.
- Serve in a cold glass and top it with whipped cream and more butterscotch if you prefer.