Next time you’re getting ready to have your friends over, impress them with unique mixed drinks and start a conversation about a destination you can’t wait to visit. I caught up with a few brand ambassadors in Chicago, representing some of the best spirits around to try some really unique cocktails, including a few extra glasses from a prestigious Glenfiddich 1978 Rare Collection Cask No. 28121 ($3,500 per 750 ml bottle). I will have to say, my favorites were Little Devil and Cucumber Basil Smash as they were both refreshing and weren’t overpowered by ingredients. I would encourage you to try to make Lavander Amore for your next Mexican fiesta as it would go well with tacos al pastor, rice, and beans, plus it’s easy and fast (make a pitcher of drinks for the entire night!). I personally like whiskey at the end of a meal or while watching a movie, so many great flavors that I would prefer to enjoy by itself.
- 1.75 oz. Reyka vodka
- .75 oz. fresh lemon juice
- .75 oz. maple syrup B grade
- .5 oz. Ancho Reyes
- Top soda water
- Combine all ingredients except soda water in a cocktail shaker and shake/strain.
- Top soda water and serve in a Collins glass with a fresh lemon wedge
- 1.5 oz Hendrick’s Gin
- .75 oz Simple Syrup
- .75 oz Fresh Lemon Juice
- .5 oz Cucumber juice
- 1 Basil Leaf
- 1 Cucumber Wheel
- Pour into shaker, add ice and shake well.
- Strain into sample cup and garnish.
- Full serve in rocks glass.
- Steep basil in batch for 15-20 minutes.
- Stir often.
- 2 parts Glenfiddich 14 Year Old
- .25 part Demerara Syrup
- 2 dashes Angostura Bitters
- 2 dashes Orange Bitters
U.S. Virgin Islands
- 1.25 oz. Sailor Jerry Spiced Rum
- .5 oz. Ancho Reyes
- .5 oz. Black Cherry Shrub
- 3 dashes of Cherry Bitters
- 2 large Sage leaves
- Shake vigorously over ice, Double strain into Champagne Flute.
- Top with Champagne and garnish with Sage and Black Cherry
- 2 parts Milagro Silver
- 1 part Fresh Grapefruit Juice
- .5 part Lavender & Vanilla Simple Syrup
- .5 part Fresh Lime Juice
- 3 parts Top with DRY Lavender Soda*
- Garnish Grapefruit Peel & Lavender Kosher Salt
- *Or infuse lavender into the syrup and top with soda water instead
- 1 Part Tullamore D.E.W Irish Whiskey
- 3 Parts Pressed Apple Juice
- Garnished with a juicy lemon wedge