It’s no secret that Mackinac Island is steeped in history and that includes the hotels. Mission Point Resort is now a luxury resort that is set on 18-acres of lakefront. But did you know that it was once a college, religious retreat and educational institution? Read on to learn 6 mindblowing facts about the resort.
- If you’re a fan of the Syfy show “Ghost Hunters” check out episode six, season seven for “Frozen in Fear” for a chilling story about the ghost of Harvey.
- All the supplies and food you get in the hotel are brought in by horse carriages.
- The lobby is a huge tepee-shape structure with 51 ft. long pine logs.
- Some locations at Mission Point Resort were used as movie sets for “Somewhere in Time” starring Christopher Reeve and Jane Seymour.
- Next time you sip some of the craft cocktails in Mission Point bars, you might be surprised that some of the herbs come from their very own “Cocktail Garden.”
- Mission Point is located on 18 acres!